CSAT on dashboard from Intercom

Hi there, I want to show our CSAT score on my dashboard using Intercom data but don’t see an option for this within your data source. Is this possible? :man_shrugging:t4:

Hi @neil

Thanks for posting, I know this is something that our CS team are contacted about sometimes so it’s great to share with the community.

In short, Intercom’s API does not give us all the right information to be able to reliably pull your CSAT information into your dashboards.

Intercom’s REST API does let us get conversations including the CSAT rating for each conversation. Unfortunately, doesn’t give us the full picture. The main issue is that Intercom does not provide a webhook event for when the conversations get rated. In other words, there’s no way for us to know via their API when a conversation gets rated or the rating changes.

Without this, there isn’t a way realistically to display the same, up-to-date CSAT information (that you’d see within your Intercom dashboard) and there will always be a discrepancy. The other option of constantly fetching data about all conversations from Intercom isn’t possible either as we’d hit the Intercom API rate limits soon for your account. Even if we did this, the CSAT could still be wrong because a conversation can get rated immediately or even weeks later by your end customer.

This is why we’re unable to offer CSAT metrics for Intercom at the moment. Intercom’s team understand the need for this webhook and it is on their roadmap.

That being said, it’s always worth them getting this feedback from their customers to help push things along.

I hope this explanation helps, do let me know if you have any further questions :blush:

1 Like

@sam thanks for the explanation, it’s very clear. Going to bug Intercom!

1 Like