Geckoboard Developer Community

Feature request: Set goal value via API

Feature request: It would be useful if I could set widget values like Success, Warning, Goal, Min, Max via API.

Hi @gitlech,

Thanks for this feature request! I have shared it with our product team on your behalf but it’s not something that we’re likely to offer in the near future.

The reason for this is that the data used as widget values is stored and accessed separately to the data about how it should be displayed. We deliberately decoupled these as they made the widgets very inflexible. You can see what I mean if you take a look at the documentation for Custom Widgets.

In order to build our newer features such as the Status Indicators, we needed the logic to live at the dashboard side of things rather than the data side of things.

We don’t currently have any plans to offer an API that allows you to edit details that are currently controlled via our user interface - such as the dasboard layout, the visualizations used for each widget, and the features you’ve mentioned around status, goals and thresholds.

I hope this helps to explain and I’m sorry that I don’t have better news for you!

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

That’s what I expected. I just wanted to express the wish to be able to change those fields programmatically to indicate how users would like to use Geckoboard.
I’ll check out the Custom Widgets, didn’t know they existed.