Trying out the new dashboard groups. Help!

I’ve just converted one of my old Geckoboards to the new version. Does anyone have any advice on how to use the new widget groups? I’m not sure where to start :woman_shrugging:

Hi @Tina :wave:

So good to hear that you’re trying out our new dashboards. Our new grouping function is a great way to show relationships between your metrics. What metrics are you tracking at present?

Without your metrics for context I can offer some examples of the types of groups we use or see our customers using. A common group is by timeframes e.g. today, past 7 days, month to date etc. Another is to group by source, let’s say you have a dashboard for Support tracking data from Zendesk Chat, Zendesk Support and Zendesk Talk you might group metrics for each input. Another example is to group by metrics by function/team if you have multiple teams working on the same metrics or dashboard.

Don’t forget that if one of your metrics within a group is more important you can size this widget up (within the group) to show the importance :point_down:

Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 10.14.45

More details on the new layout dashboards here and on how to group widgets here.