Widgets Not Refreshing or Storing Data

Hi all,

So I have some Geckoboard widgets on a Google Sites page and it doesn’t seem to be refreshing the data like it used to. The widgets get data through Google Sheets. I saw this error in the Chrome console:

main-10015a5….js:1 Uncaught DOMException: Blocked a frame with origin “https://jhrodrigue.geckoboard.com” from accessing a cross-origin frame.(…)

Please let me know if you need any other details to help solve this. I’m stumped as to what to do here!

Hi @Hyd, thanks for reaching out, but sorry to hear that you’re having trouble. Is it right that you’re seeing this error on your dashboard itself? And are you using our Spreadsheets integration? Would it be ok if I took a look at your dashboard? If so, just let me know which one you’re seeing that error on.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll have to get permission from my sysadmin to share the dashboard, but perhaps in the meantime I can give you whatever details I can. Yes, the Gecko widgets take information from Google Sheets.

The error happens on multiple widgets and says:

“There was a problem fetching your data from Google Sheets. Error: Not enough parsed data found. This widget requires at least 2 numbers to work. We only found 0 number.”

But there have been other “errors” as well like a JSON error.

We figured it out. It seems the code for Sheets -> Gecko was passing a static ID but it needed to be dynamic. Thanks!

@Hyd, I’m glad tht you figured it out! Feel free to reach out again if you need any further help.