Coronavirus dashboards - Inc. USA, UK, Italy, Spain

To help everyone stay informed on the latest coronavirus numbers, our Founder Paul created coronavirus dashboards which highlight the key information that people want to stay on top of.

Have you seen any helpful dashboards to track the latest covid-19 news? Perhaps you have created one. Please share with us here.

USA coronavirus dashboard

UK coronavirus dashboard

Italy coronavirus dashboard

Spain coronavirus dashboard

1 Like

Hi @sam
How did he make those maps?

1 Like

Hi @stephenboyd, I used our custom widgets API, you can find the docs here. The API let’s you send latitude/longitude pairs, city names, hostnames or IP addresses and the color and relative size of the point and the widget configuration let’s you choose the map region.

I used latitude/longitude pairs where I could find them easily, then city names where I couldn’t. I did some spreadsheet trickery to calculate the relative sizes of the points based on the relative number of cases in that territory. I uploaded the configuration file to Dropbox and used the sharing link from there as the source URL in the widget configuration.

That’s just a high-level sketch, let me know if you would like any more details.

They really are good, are you using web feeds or downloaded data?.. and how do you get the visual of the map with the hot spots ??.. I like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I used a combination of both automated feeds and manually downloaded data which all went into a spreadsheet connected to Geckoboard.

I love the map widget too, I’d suggest that the best way to start playing with it is to take a look at some of the examples in the docs using something like Dropbox to host the file and build it out from there. They really add a lot of visual impact to a dashboard!

Its and excellent dashboard, the Map widget is not available in the UK I take it?.. or am i missing something ?

You can configure the map widget by going to Add widget >> Custom Widgets >> Mapping but give me a shout if you can’t find it. You’ll need to have a data feed ready for it to see the results.

You can use the one I made for the UK Covid-19 map here as a starting point if helpful - it may not be around forever but it will be for the coming few weeks. Here’s a screenshot of how I set up the configuration screen:

1 Like